Stephen King is the master of horror (and a master Trump troll), but he is also a smart, articulate person. Here are some of his most inspiring quotes to inspire you today:
1. “Fiction is the truth inside the lie.”
This quote speaks to the value of fiction. Every story tells an important life lesson.
2. “Let me say it again: You must not come lightly to the blank page.”
This is about more than just writing. It is about life in general. It is about acting with intention.
3. “The scariest moment is always just before you start.”
Many times in life, we find ourselves on the edge of something big.
4. “You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you will.”
Again, starting something is half the battle.
5. “Optimism is a perfectly legitimate response to failure.”
We should learn to view failure as just an obstacle to overcome and keep going.
6. “Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.”
So true. That voice inside your head telling you that you can’t do it or you’re not good enough. That is the real monster.
7. “Life isn’t a support system for art. It’s the other way around.”
Art is a result of life.
8. “Amateurs sit and wait for inspiration, the rest of us just get up and go to work.”
You can’t just sit around and wait for what you want. You need to get up and get it for yourself.
9. “We make up horrors to help us deal with the real ones.”
Horror movies and books are escapism. We use them to temporarily get away from the challenges in life.
Featured image via Twitter.