By now we’ve all heard of Rush Limbaugh’s ridiculous lawsuit he’s threatening against the DCCC for taking his hateful comment about sexual consent ?out of context?.? Well, Rush, regardless of your delivery of that comment, we have plenty of other evidence that you are a misogynistic and ignorant blowhard.? Here’s the proof, in your own words:
10. ??We already have, ladies and gentlemen, I don’t know how many museums for women all over the country.? They are called malls.? ?noting how unnecessary it is to construct a National Women’s History Museum, 3/19/14
By that same logic, Rush, does that make Kentucky Fried Chicken a museum for Republican windbags?
*Note: To make this one even better, he followed it up with:
?Hey, I could have said brothel.? But I didn’t.? ?
You really restrained yourself there, Rush.
Transcript can be found at Media Matters, and you can listen to the audio below:
9. ??Would you please ask your breasts to stop staring at my eyes?? ?in response to a study that suggested the objectification of women is harmful, 12/9/13
Oh, Rush.? How can I put this nicely?? Even in a magical world with unicorns that fart gumdrops and breasts that walk around with minds and eyeballs of their own, let me be clear: the only stare your eyes would be getting would be one of pity and disgust.
Transcript can be found here.
8. ??When you got pregnant you were victimized by nature. You may not have even intended it.? It doesn’t matter that you took the steps necessary to cause it, because you don’t have that kind of power, not in the way the left looks at the world.? You’re a victim of something.? ?in response to the Supreme Court Hobby Lobby ruling regarding contraception coverage, 6/30/14
I hate to remove your rose-colored glasses, Rush, but sometimes unwanted pregnancies are truly the result of victimization.? In your world, ?no? may mean ?yes,? but in the real world that is not the case.
Transcript can be found here.
7. ??You know how to stop abortion? Require that each one occur with a gun.? ?in response to a caller who argued that while Sandy Hook was a tragedy, it is nothing compared to the thousands of children who are killed by?abortion every day, 1/16/14
Since abortion seems to be one of Limbaugh’s favorite topics, it was difficult to just choose one.? But I’m pretty sure this one sums them all up nicely.
Audio can be heard below:
6. ??I love the women’s movement ? especially when walking behind it.??on ?Fox & Friends?, 4/6/10
My favorite part about this clip is that you can see Gretchen Carlson’s eyes just slightly start to bulge when he says the words? and yet, she just can’t bring herself to say anything.
Watch the video below:
5. ??Most of it was just men being polite? You see a pretty woman, you react to it?it didn’t seem intimidating to me…[but] I’m not the one walking along wearing snug black jeans.? ?discussing the viral video of woman walking in NYC being catcalled, 10/30/14
Victim-blaming is a skill of yours, Rush! ?(Not to mention making yourself seem like a sexual predator…again.) ?Well done!
Audio is again below:
4. ??What is it with all these young, single, white women? Over-educated doesn’t mean intelligent.? ?in response to Tracie McMillan’s book, The American Way of Eating, 3/6/12
In this case, over-educated = bachelor’s degree.? In an interview with Forbes, Tracie McMillan posed the question, ?I only have a B.A.? I don’t have an advanced degree.? Maybe he thinks women shouldn’t go to college at all?? ? You’re probably right, Tracie!
Read the transcript here.
3. ??So Ms. Fluke, and the rest of you Feminazis, here’s the deal. If we are going to pay for your contraceptives, and thus pay for you to have sex, we want something for it.? We want you post the videos online so we all can watch.? ?In response to Sandra Fluke’s testimony at a Democratic hearing regarding contraception, 2/29/12
You know it was bad when even Rush had to issue an apology.
Audio can be found below:
2. ??I think this reason why girls don’t do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, ?All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what’s it going to be??? We all know what was chosen.? ?TV appearance, 2/23/94
An oldie but goodie!
See Mother Jones for this and other monstrous quotes.
1. ??[My cat] comes to me when she wants to be fed. And after I feed her — guess what — she’s off to wherever she wants to be in the house, until the next time she gets hungry. She’s smart enough to know she can’t feed herself. She’s actually a very smart cat. She gets loved. She gets adoration. She gets petted. She gets fed. And she doesn’t have to do anything for it, which is why I say this cat’s taught me more about women, than anything my whole life.? ?while discussing his cat, 11/30/06
This one makes me vomit in my mouth a little. You can listen to the audio of this disgusting comment below, if you can stomach it:
What’s your favorite example from the list?? Did I miss any?? Tell us your thoughts!
h/t ?Media Matters